Olive Leaf Extract is an important addition to the medicine cabinet, as the herb treats children, and adults alike and is safe for the elderly as well. Many people choose to take Olive Leaf Extract throughout the winter months, with or without Echinacea as it’s incredible health benefits are so numerous.
Due to our travelling community, new and exotic viruses are being delivered to our doorsteps – those viruses that were once isolated only to certain parts of the globe. And due to the evolution of microbes, which are now resistant to our most commonly used antibiotics; we have never needed an alternative therapy more.
Some physicians continue to prescribe antibiotics unnecessarily, as in the treatment of viral infections, for which they are ineffective. Animals and poultry are fed antibiotics in their feedstuff and consequently meat-eaters have been overwhelmed with antibacterial substances that they ingest. Across the board, there has been an overuse of antibiotics, which has exacerbated the resistance phenomenon among pathological bacteria. Misuse has led to not only the lessening of antibiotics effectiveness, but also loss of lives and the rising costs of treating infections.
“Among other examples of resistant organisms are bacteria that cause tuberculosis, gonorrhoea, cholera, salmonellosis, and pneumonia. Best known, perhaps, is the case of staphylococci, which, beginning as long ago as the 1950s became resistant to penicillin and then to other antibiotics such as methicillin. Infections caused by methicillin-resistant staphylococci hit hard at patients in hospitals, and the problem is continuing even today. The problem is particularly serious in the tertiary care hospitals that treat the most severely ill patients with burns, trauma, cancer, and other disorders. The problem of mutant bacteria has become worldwide. In England and Wales, for instance, over the past twenty-five years, doctors have noted a tenfold increase in urinary tract infections caused by bacteria that are resistant to the antibiotics that once had worked against them.” (Dr. Morton Walker)
The Answer to Infectious Disease Overlooked by Western medicine until recently. Olive leaf extract kills nearly every type of disease- producing micro-organism. From immune disorders to the common cold, from Epstein-Barr virus to Genital Herpes, from Hepatitis to Candida albicans and Hepatitis, olive leaf extract is effective against them all, eliminating viruses, fungi, bacteria and other parasites that cause disease.
The amazingly successful results experienced with olive leaf extract throughout Hungary, has instigated the Hungarian government to adopt the herb for its Medicare system as the official anti- infectious disease remedy. Germany, Italy, Russia, Poland, the Czech Republic and Slovakia are all currently investigating the efficacy of olive leaf extract.
Knowledge of the medicinal properties of olive leaf dates back to the early 1800’s, when pulverized leaves were used in a green drink to lower blood pressure and reduce high fevers. A couple of decades later, green olive leaves were taken again in liquid form as a treatment for malarial infections. In 1995, the active constituents in olive leaves ñ elenolic acid with its salt, calcium elenolate ñ were uncovered.
“It works to stop the onset of such health problems as colds and other viral diseases, fungal, mould, and yeast invasions of many kinds, bacterial infections both minor and major, and protozoan parasitic infestations. Used by itself in a high enough dose, olive leaf extract will expel flukes and other worms invading humans and animals. More that prevention, olive leaf extract offers a new safe and effective therapeutic modality in the ongoing battle against active disease processes.” (Dr. Morton Walker)
Benefits of Taking Olive Leaf Extract Here is a partial list of the therapeutic benefits provided by taking capsules of olive leaf extract.
- The generalized degradation of pathological micro-organisms of all types – viruses, retroviruses, bacteria, spirochetes, rickettsiae, Chlamydiae, fungi, yeasts, moulds, protozoa, Helminths, and other parasites.
- the relief of arthritic inflammations, especially osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis
- the reduction of insulin dosages for better control over the risks of symptomatic diabetes
- the elimination of chronic fatigue and the symptoms associated with its syndrome
- the creation or restoration of abundant energy with prolonged stamina
- the normalization of heart beat irregularities (arrhythmias)
- the improvement of blood flow in cardiovascular and/or peripheral vascular disorders
- the antioxidant quenching of free radical pathology
- the obliteration of fungal infections such as athlete’s foot, and jock itch
- the permanent relief of malaria (from a protozoa), dengue fever (from a virus), and other exotic and deadly tropical diseases, which produce fever as a primary symptom
- the prevention and effective treatment of all types of viral diseases, including the Epstein-Barr virus, cytomegalovirus, the herpes viruses, human herpes virus-6, the retroviruses, the influenza viruses, viruses of the common cold, and the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)
- the reversal of almost all symptomatology connected with Candida albicans and other organisms causing the yeast syndrome
- the death and excretion of a variety of parasites, including microscopic protozoa and macroscopic Helminth worms
Dr Robert Lyons in Budapest found the herb particularly successful in treating respiratory diseases of bacterial origin, gastric/duodenal ulcers caused by Helicobacter pylori, Candida albicans and herpes infections in both simples and zoster.