Gentle Liver Cleanse
As the second biggest organ in the body, the liver is responsible for over 500 functions, including producing glutathione, storing vitamins and iron, and breaking down and digesting fats. Most importantly, the liver helps to detoxify the blood.
It is highly recommended, although not essential that you undertake Detox 4 Life’s Kidney Cleanse Program prior to commencing Detox 4 Life’s Gentle Liver Cleanse Program. If you have any illness, serious or otherwise, including diagnosed gallstones, please consult your preferred health care professional before undertaking the Gentle Liver Cleanse program.
About the Program
Who Could Benefit From This Program?
Anyone wishing to remain healthy and to become healthier!
This detox program may help you if you suffer from:
- Liver disease – Fatty liver and/or raised liver enzymes, cirrhosis, chronic hepatitis.
- Reproductive conditions – Hormonal imbalances, impotence, polycystic ovarian disease, infertility, period pain, dark and clotted menstrual blood, sore and distended breasts before period, endometriosis, pre-menstrual tension and irritability, irregular periods, menstrual flooding, menopausal symptoms, breasts may form on males and in women, masculine effects such as hirsutism.
- Skeletal imbalances – Sciatica, back pain, pain in the joints, osteoporosis, scoliosis, shoulder pain, especially the right shoulder.
- Digestive disorders – Abdominal distension and/or discomfort, diarrhoea, constipation, irritable bowel syndrome, poor appetite, belching, nausea, vomiting, hernia, flatulence, heartburn or gastric reflux, food cravings, food allergies, pancreatitis, bitter taste in the mouth.
- Eye disorders – glaucoma, cataracts, sties, poor eyesight, small protuberances in the eyelids, yellow sclera (whites of the eye), puffy eyes, dark colour under the eyes etc.
- Chronic conditions – Cancer, chronic fatigue syndrome, diabetes, MS, Alzheimer’s, pancreatitis, obesity, inability to lose weight, hernia, chronic headaches, sudden ageing, headaches and migraines, especially the type of headache occurring or starting in the forehead and temple areas, excessive heat and perspiration in the upper part of the body.
- Cardiovascular conditions – High cholesterol, restricted blood vessels, full spectrum of heart disease including angina etc.
- Respiratory conditions – Difficulty breathing, cough, asthma.
- Skin conditions – Acne, cystic acne, eczema, psoriasis, ‘dirty’ skin, hives, abscesses, sudden rashes, yellowing of the skin, liver spots, especially on the back of the hands and facial areas.
- Immunity dysfunction – Continual colds/flues, not being able to shake a current infection, recurring symptoms from past episodes of Ross river fever, glandular fever etc, and all autoimmune disease such as rheumatoid arthritis.
- Emotional disorders – Anger, bitterness, frustration, fluctuation of mental state, irritability, boredom, feeling “wound-up”, moodiness, dis-satisfaction, resentment, rage, impatient, aggravation, critical, judgemental, nit-picking, sarcasm, melancholy, depression, manic depression, general negativity, aggressiveness, shouting, speaking loudly, indecisiveness and allowing others to make decisions for you (gall bladder imbalance).
What does the Liver Cleanse involve?
How Long Does The Liver Cleanse Take?
The Gentle Liver Cleanse goes for 4 weeks. However you may take the products for longer.
What Products Will I Need To Complete This Cleanse?
- Fulhealth Colloidal Minerals
- Hawaiian Pacifica Spirulina
- 2 x bottles of Liver Plex
- 1x bottle Zeotrex (great for heavy metal detoxification)
- 1 x bottle Immune Plex
- Drink 3-500mls of pure filtered or spring water (with nothing in it)
- Take 10 drops of Zeotrex Liquid Zeolite in 100mls water
- Wait 5 minutes
- Take 10mls of Colloidal Minerals and **2-8 tablets of Spirulina
- Wait 5 minutes
- Take 5mls Liver Plex* in a small amount of water or juice
- Liver Flush Smoothie (week 4 only – or sooner if you feel like it)
- Wait 30-60 minutes
- Eat Breakfast
- Take 10 drops of Zeo Pro Liquid Zeolite in 100mls water
- Wait 5 minutes
- Take 5mls Liver Plex* in a small amount water or juice just before dinner
- Eat Dinner
*Start by taking 2 tablets of Spirulina and then the next day take 3 tablets, the next day take 4 tablets, until you are taking 8 tablets of your chosen Green Food Supplement. Stick with 8 tablets per day.
Liver Plex* – in the fourth and final week of this program – take the Liver Plex herbs 7.5mls 2 x per day, or for an even stronger cleanse, 3 x per day before meals.
Prepare and drink the Liver Flush Smoothie before breakfast…
Liver Flush Smoothie
The Liver Flush Smoothie should be prepared fresh every morning during week 4. This Liver Flush Smoothie, should be taken on an empty stomach. The quantity for one person is:
- 200ml organic bottled apple juice with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- 200ml spring or purified water (optional)
- 1 clove of fresh garlic (crush/chop before blending) – this is optional!
- 1 tablespoon of organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1 piece of fresh ginger to match the garlic
- Cayenne as desired (from one pinch to a teaspoon and there are no medals for being a hero!)
Liquidise (blender works well) all the ingredients, until they form a well-blended, smooth liquid.
Transfer this to a glass and drink it slowly. You may well find that there is a reaction in the liver and you may start to feel a little nauseous-this means the Liver Flush Smoothie is already working!
You should wait one hour before having any breakfast (or at least half an hour). It’s possible to feel not only nauseous, but headachy, tired and/or irritable as well, this is because you are already detoxifying.
Many people however, experience none of these reactions. It is important to drink plenty of pure water and rest.
What diet do you recommend whilst I am on this Program?
The Detox 4 Life Diet.
What Can I Expect During The Liver Cleanse Program?
Each individual will respond differently to the program. ‘The Healing’ Crisis is often referred to as a stage where a person, undertaking a detox program may feel worse, before they feel better.
This may last for a couple of hours or a couple of days, sometimes it may last a week or longer. The Healing Crisis may be emotional and/or physical. The sign your body is healing may include:
- Irritability, having a short fuse, anger, frustration
- head aches – forehead, behind eyes, temples
- aching joints, fatigue
- skin eruptions
Specific Foods For Cleansing and Supporting Liver Function
- Most plant-based whole foods grown organically
- All green vegetables, leafy or otherwise- artichoke, asparagus, broccoli, kale, Brussels sprouts, spinach, lettuce etc.
- All culinary herbs (including garlic)
- Spirulina/wheat grass/barley grass/chlorella etc
- Sprouts etc
- Apples (especially green)
- Lemon and lime
- Cold Pressed Extra Virgin Olive oil
- Coconut Oil
- Apple Cider Vinegar
Keep Your Eyes Open
Occasionally if your liver is ready to let go, and you are ready to let go emotionally, just by taking the Liver Flush Smoothie in the mornings during week 4 of this cleanse, it is possible you may release toxic foam or scum (white/tan/green/yellow) or even some tiny stones.
The foam consists of millions of tiny white, sharp-edged cholesterol crystals, which can easily rupture small bile ducts; they are important to get rid of.
After a bowel movement, look for tiny green gallstones floating in the toilet (they float because they contain cholesterol).
Also watch out for tan coloured and white ones. Please do not be disappointed if you do not see any action in your bowel movements during week 4 of this detox, it is rare.
However if you would like to see scum, gravel and/or stones coming out in your motions, stay tuned – you may like to undertake Detox 4 Life’s Liver Flush! Program.
What Can I Do To Help Myself Through The Healing Crisis Transition?
- Take regular short cold showers, the more the better
- Allow yourself to rest and sleep for longer periods
- Be in nature – go for short walks, gentle swims, Chi Gong and/or Yoga
- Take time out from visits to the gym, jogging or excessive exercise
Keep taking your Full Helath Industries Colloidal Minerals, and keep taking your Spirulina – Colloidal Minerals are your plant-based multi-mineral and your Spirulina is your multi-vitamin. For optimal health, you can take them every day for the rest of your life.
Take 7.5mls of Immune Plex before breakfast and dinner as an herbal tonic to boost your immune system and strengthen your internal organs.
How Often Should I Cleanse My Liver?
To keep you healthy and as a preventative health measure Detox 4 Life recommends that you cleanse your liver at least once or twice per year.