I cleanse my liver 2-3 x per year. Why do I do this? I detox my liver because I want to STAY healthy!
The liver controls metabolism, and because of this you may lose weight on a diet, but it would be virtually impossible to keep this weight off, if your liver is storing toxins! The liver is the only organ in the body that can pump fat out of our cells. The liver also recycles our hormones, and keeps us feeling good!
We can cleanse our liver to treat or prevent.
- Liver disease – Fatty liver and/or raised liver enzymes, cirrhosis, chronic hepatitis.
- Reproductive – Hormonal imbalances, impotence, polycystic ovarian disease, infertility, period pain, dark and clotted menstrual blood, sore and distended breasts before period, endometriosis, pre-menstrual tension and irritability, irregular periods, menstrual flooding, menopausal symptoms, breasts may form on males and in women, masculine effects such as hirsutism.
- Skeletal imbalances – Sciatica, back pain, pain in the joints, osteoporosis, scoliosis, shoulder pain, especially the right shoulder.
- Digestive disorders – Abdominal distension and/or discomfort, diarrhoea, constipation, irritable bowel syndrome, poor appetite, belching, nausea, vomiting, hernia, flatulence, heartburn or gastric reflux, food cravings, food allergies, pancreatitis, bitter taste in the mouth.
- Eye disorders – glaucoma, cataracts, sties, poor eyesight, small protuberances in the eyelids, yellow sclera (whites of the eye), puffy eyes, dark colour under the eyes etc.
- Chronic conditions – Cancer, chronic fatigue syndrome, diabetes, MS, Alzheimer’s, pancreatitis, obesity, inability to lose weight, hernia, chronic headaches, sudden ageing, headaches and migraines, especially the type of headache occurring or starting in the forehead and temple areas, excessive heat and perspiration in the upper part of the body.
- Cardiovascular – High cholesterol, restricted blood vessels, full spectrum of heart disease including angina etc.
- Respiratory – Difficulty breathing, cough, asthma.
- Skin conditions – Acne, cystic acne, eczema, psoriasis, ‘dirty’ skin, hives, abscesses, sudden rashes, yellowing of the skin, liver spots, especially on the back of the hands and facial areas.
- Immunity dysfunction – Continual colds/flues, not being able to shake a current infection, recurring symptoms from past episodes of Ross river fever, glandular fever etc, and all autoimmune disease such as rheumatoid arthritis.
- Emotional – Anger, bitterness, frustration, fluctuation of mental state, irritability, boredom, feeling “wound-up”, moodiness, dis-satisfaction, resentment, rage, impatient, aggravation, critical, judgemental, nit-picking, sarcasm, melancholy, depression, manic depression, general negativity, aggressiveness, shouting, speaking loudly, indecisiveness and allowing others to make decisions for you (gall bladder imbalance).